What is usually written on a tombstone?
An epitaph is a short text honouring a deceased person, (often inscribed or engraved on their headstone, monument, memorial plaque, gravestone, tombstone or cemetery marker). It usually includes the person’s name, dates of birth and death, along with a meaningful quote or Bible verse.
What is the top of a grave called?
headboard – a flat, slab-like wooden grave marker placed at the head end of a grave.
What do you write on a mother’s father’s headstone?
Headstone Epitaphs for both Parents
- Beloved by all who knew them.
- Ours is love everlasting.
- Death cannot part them.
- Missed by all.
- Safely home.
- Forever together, Mum & Dad.
- Life is not forever – love is.
- Until we meet again.
What are the different types of grave markers?
The three main types of grave markers are granite, marble and bronze; all of which can be customized based on individual preferences.
What should I put on a tombstone quote?
- A long life well lived.
- Always together.
- Always loving, always loved.
- At peace.
- At rest.
- A beloved mother/father/husband/wife.
- Devoted in love.
How do you start an epitaph?
How to Write a Great Epitaph
- Brainstorm ideas and get feedback. First of all, brainstorm a few ideas and get feedback from other family members.
- Give yourself time to think.
- Put yourself in your loved one’s shoes.
- Examine principles, beliefs, and values.
- Share the person’s legacy.
- Keep it short.
- Think big picture.
What is the difference between Tombstone and headstone?
As nouns the difference between headstone and tombstone is that headstone is a gravestone, a grave marker: a monument traditionally made of stone placed at the head of a grave while tombstone is a headstone marking the person’s grave.