How do I download a file from server to local machine SSH?
Here are some useful examples for downloading files from the remote system over SSH protocol. This will connect to example.com server with user “username” and copy the /backup/file. zip file to local system directory /local/dir. To use theis command replace the values as per your environment.
How do I download a file from a remote server to a local machine?
The scp command issued from the system where /home/me/Desktop resides is followed by the userid for the account on the remote server. You then add a “:” followed by the directory path and file name on the remote server, e.g., /somedir/table. Then add a space and the location to which you want to copy the file.
How do I download files from Terminal Mac?
In fact, you can easily download any files from the web by using the command line on a Mac. The next time you have a file you want to download, just copy the URL into your clipboard, then open a Terminal window and use the ‘curl’ command. The file destination URL should be prefixed with http for the web.
What is the download command on Mac?
To display the Download status list from the keyboard, press cmd+Option+L. You can also click the Download button at the upper-right corner of the window to display the Download list. By default, Safari saves any downloaded files to the Downloads folder that appears in your Dock.
How do I copy a file in PuTTY?
If you want to copy text within PuTTY, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Place the cursor near the text you want to copy and left-click.
- Hold the left mouse button, drag the cursor across the text, and then release the mouse button to copy.
How do I download a file from local PuTTY?
Install PuTTY SCP (PSCP)
- Download the PSCP utility from PuTTy.org by clicking the file name link and saving it to your computer.
- The PuTTY SCP (PSCP) client does not require installation in Windows, but runs directly from a Command Prompt window.
- To open a Command Prompt window, from the Start menu, click Run.