Where should I go for a weekend in Georgia?
10 Top-Rated Weekend Getaways in Georgia
- Atlanta. Downtown Atlanta.
- Savannah. Moonrise in Savannah.
- Stone Mountain. Stone Mountain.
- Sea Island. Sea Island.
- Jekyll Island. Clam Creek on Jekyll Island.
- Athens. Athens.
- Blue Ridge. Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Augusta. Dusk river view in Augusta.
Where can I go 2 hours in Atlanta?
Places to visit about 2 hours from Atlanta
- 111 miles southeast of Atlanta: The Appalachian Trail. 98 miles southwest of Atlanta: Opelika.
- 107 miles north of Atlanta: Holly Flats. Birch Branch Campground. Davis Branch Campground.
- 114 miles north of Atlanta: Nantahala National Forest. 104 miles northeast of Atlanta:
What is a good weekend getaway for couples in Georgia?
15 Best Romantic (Weekend) Getaways in Georgia
- Mansion on Forsyth Park – Savannah.
- The Partridge Inn – Augusta.
- The Cloister at Sea Island.
- Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront.
- Chanticleer Inn Bed & Breakfast.
- Azalea Inn and Gardens – Savannah.
- The Mountain Creek Villas.
- Andaz Savannah.
What is the most visited place in Georgia?
Stone Mountain Park
Stone Mountain Park, Georgia’s most-visited attraction, offers guests theme-park thrills, a chance to decompress amid its natural beauty and an opportunity to go back in time and experience local history.
Where can I take my girlfriend in Atlanta?
Atlanta’s Most Romantic Places
- Go boating at Lake Lanier.
- Enjoy an Atlanta Symphony Orchestra concert.
- Get a couple’s spa treatment.
- Try special events at Georgia Aquarium.
- Ride the SkyView Atlanta.
- Watch a show at the Fox Theatre.
- Go on a picnic at Piedmont Park.
- Hike the East Palisades Trail.
Which beach is closest to Atlanta GA?
The closest beach to Atlanta is the Beach at International Park in Jonesboro, Georgia. The Jonesboro Beach, as well as the beaches at Callaway Gardens (80 miles), Lake Lanier Resort (46 miles) and other area lakes make great day trips from Atlanta or quick getaways.
What beach is 4 hours away from Atlanta?
Tybee Island, GA A quick four-hour drive from Atlanta, Tybee Island still ranks high with Atlantans who love to visit the beach—in a true laidback, beach-town setting.
Where to go for a weekend in Atlanta GA?
3 Romantic Getaways in Georgia: Hotel Indigo – Athens – 1 hour 20 minutes from Atlanta, GA. Plan a weekend trip to the university town of thens, Georgia to enjoy the city’s youthful vibe, art, outdoor cafes, restaurants, theater and football. Hotel Indigo Athens is an environmentally-friendly hotel with a residential feel.
Is there a ski resort in Atlanta GA?
Tucked in the northwest corner of Georgia between the sunny states of South Carolina and Florida, Atlanta is just too far away from the Atlantic Coast (think Sea Island, Golden Isles, Savannah) and the Gulf Coast (Gulf Shores, Alabama) to make a beach getaway practical for a two-day weekend. Same goes for the nearest ski resort.
Where to go for a romantic weekend in Georgia?
Romantic Getaways in Georgia: The Inn at Serenbe – 35 minutes. Serenbe is a unique combination of living spaces for visitors and locals alike, divided into four hamlets designed to provide a relaxing, well-balanced weekend in the Georgia countryside. The Inn at Serenbe has 19 guest rooms, surrounded by organic farmland,…
Where is the best place to stay in Atlanta GA?
Costa Brava is the onsite Mediterranean restaurant, and the Cobalt Lounge serves up excellent cocktails. The Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia are absolutely stunning, and a great place to stay in the region is the Aska Lodge. This is a lovely mountain getaway B&B that is just an hour and a half from Atlanta.