How do you use the IF function in Excel 2010?
The IF function runs a logical test and returns one value for a TRUE result, and another for a FALSE result. For example, to “pass” scores above 70: =IF(A1>70,”Pass”,”Fail”). More than one condition can be tested by nesting IF functions.
How do you enter an IF function in Excel?
To enter your IF Function Arguments,
- Click the spreadsheet cell where you wish to use the Excel formula.
- From the Formulas tab, click Insert function…
- In the Insert Function dialog text box, type “if”.
- Make sure your cursor is in the Logical_test text box.
- Click the spreadsheet cell you wish to evaluate.
How do I apply a conditional formula in Excel 2010?
To use preset conditional formatting:
- Select the cells you want to add formatting to.
- In the Home tab, click the Conditional Formatting command. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select Data Bars, Color Scales, or Icon Sets. Then select the desired preset.
- The conditional formatting will be applied to the selected cells.
How many arguments Excel IF () takes?
The IF function takes three arguments: logical test. value if logical test is true. value if logical test is false.
How to use the excel if function in Excel?
The Excel AND function is a logical function used to require more than one condition at the same time. AND returns either TRUE or FALSE. To test if a number in A1 is greater than zero and less than 10, use =AND(A1>0,A1…
Which is an example of an IF statement in Excel?
The Excel IF Statement tests a given condition and returns one value for a TRUE result and another value for a FALSE result. For example, if sales total more than $5,000, then return a “Yes” for Bonus – Otherwise, return a “No” for Bonus. We can also use the IF function to evaluate a single function,…
How to use excel if function with multiple conditions?
How to use Excel IF function with multiple conditions. In summary, there can be 2 basic types of multiple conditions – with AND and OR logic. Consequently, your IF function should embed an AND or OR function in the logical test, respectively. AND function. If your logical test contains the AND function, Microsoft Excel returns TRUE if all
When to nest the if function in Excel?
Nested If The IF function in Excel can be nested, when you have multiple conditions to meet. The FALSE value is being replaced by another IF function to make a further test. 1.